Monday 24 August 2015

SKINCARE JOURNEY PART 2 : GO NATURAL

Hi Parfait beauties, this post has been a long time coming. I previously talked about my cleansers and moisturizer in Part 1 of this post. (In case you missed it click Here) I got quite a bit of emails asking me about the journey so far and other natural remedies I talked about and my beauties, today is the day I will unleash the results lol.


Please bear in mind that skin types are different and not everything will work for everyone, however try them out and discover what works for you.

EGG WHITE MASK.


I have been using egg white masks for as long and I can remember. Don't even know why I stopped to be honest. But after my bad breakout, I had to run back to using this mask. This mask is made bu separating the egg white from the yolk (the yolk has its benefits as well)
Egg white masks have been known to help with acne and breakouts. It also tightens the pores and the skin as well and helps combat excess oils.
I usually apply this to my face after cleansing and wash off with warm water when it dries.

MINT LEAVES.

Now I don't know where I got the idea to use this as I only use this for detoxification purposes (My fellow fit family will understand lol) but I just woke up and decided to crush some and apply to my acne thinking if its good for my body why not my face.
The most amazing thing happened. By morning the acne size had reduced significantly and dried out.
It reminded me of my tea tree oil because that's basically what tea tree oil did for me.
During my research, I discovered that mint leaves has anti-bacterial properties hence the result.
So if you cant get your hands on tea tree oil, you could try mint leaves.
Wash your face as normal, crush some mint leaves and apply to the areas needed. Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off or you could leave overnight if you want to.

BAKING SODA
 

Yes you heard me, Baking soda is a gem. Not only does it do amazing things in bakery, it is also fantastic for home cleaning and general well being.
Baking soda has been known to correct the PH balance of the skin which contributes to acne formation. I use baking soda to scrub my face twice a week. I sometimes add a bit to my daily gentle scrub just for extra exfoliation but I try to limit this so I don't aggravate my skin. I notice my skin is usually brighter and softer after exfoliating with baking soda and my acne has reduced tremendously after incorporating this to my facial cleansing routine.
I usually mix three parts baking soda to one part water, apply to my face and scrub gently in circular motions for one minute. I leave it on for another minute and then rinse off with warm water. (leaving your cleanser one for one minute allows your skin to absorb all the goodness from the cleanser and leaves your skin cleaner)

CUCUMBER.


Cucumber is refreshing. we all know its great for dark circles and puffiness. I use the slices as a toner whenever I can. It hydrates the skin and helps calm down any irritation the cleansing process might have caused.

CLAY MASK.


I alternate between this and the egg white mask. It helps draw out impurities and excess oils from the pores, leaving them cleaner and tighter.
My favorite is Queen Helene Mud pack Masque.


There you have it beauties, These are all I have been using to combat this acne and I must say I am winning :D
Until my next post, try them out and let me know your favorite natural skin care products.
Remain parfait xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. Eggs...... ewwwwww! I don't even eat the damp things..... Thanks for the cucumber alternative. Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looool. They are really not that bad once you get past the initial smell. Glad the cucumber alternative helps xoxo

      Delete