Wednesday 20 May 2015

SKINCARE JOURNEY part 1: SIMPLIFY


Hello parfait beauties. Ever heard that saying “makeup is only as good as the skin it’s on?” I recently had a conversation with myself about this. I have never really had any issues with my skin (except the minor breakouts once in a while) until November last year. Talk about ISSUES, I had it all, terrible acne, large pores, flakiness, oiliness, dryness, virtually everything you could think of happened to me at once. No matter how much I tried to perfect my makeup, it wasn’t happening.

Being a professional beauty therapist, you would think I would have the answers right? Wrong. I was at that point, I didn’t know what to do. I switched foundations thinking that would solve the problem, nothing. I studied and adjusted my diet, nothing. I didn’t bother with my skincare products because as long as I could remember they have served me well and then it occurred to me…SIMPLIFY.





I am skincare product junkie…it’s like drugs to an addict, I see it, I buy it, use it and toss it and I would advise people to stick to one product (the hypocrisy Juliette lol) So I decided to take my own advise and practice what I preached.

CLEAN AND CLEAR MORNING BURST SKIN BRIGHTENING FACIAL CLEANSER

 

I started using this and I must say I have seen tremendous improvement. It cleanses well without drying out my skin. Foams up nicely and smells divine. I use this every morning and night and my skin has brightened up since using this.

CLEAN AND CLEAR MORNING BURST SKIN BRIGHTENING FACIAL SCRUB
 
 

I love exfoliating. I cannot stress the importance of exfoliation enough. Getting rid of dead skin cells goes a long way in helping the skin absorb the needed nutrients required to heal and regenerate as well as that undeniable glow you get.

I use this every evening to ensure my  pores are clean and my skin is prepped for any treatment I intend to use. Now some scrubs can be quite intense and I wouldn’t recommend using those everyday but this is very gentle as you can barely feel the beads.
 
CLEAN AND CLEAR MORNING BUSRT IN SHOWER FACIAL
 

 
 
I love this product and to me, this is the star of the show. It is more heavy duty that the facial scrub hence I use it twice a week. This product is designed to work with steam to deeply exfoliate and cleanse. I apply this and steam my face then scrub before rinsing off.  Like I said I love this product.

CLINIQUE DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURIZING GEL
 

I have a love hate relationship with this moisturizer but recently it’s been getting more love than hate. I love how lightweight it is and how it sinks right in allowing you to apply any other skincare product or treatment right after.
I alternate between this and the clean and clear moisturizer (not pictured) and so far so good.

Derma E Tea Tree and E oil.
 
 

Now this right here saved my life and restored my dignity lol. Now get this, I know tea tree oil, but never gave it the time of day (never again) I used this as part of my treatment process and will talk about this product in another post.

I also incorporated some natural items which I will talk about in my next post.

So parfait beauties, next time that foundation is not behaving or your skin is not quite right, you might just need to make a few adjustments or in my case simplify and identify what products has what you truly need.

Have a parfait week xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment