Thursday 24 March 2016

Product Review - MAKEUP REVOLUTION LONDON

Hello parfait beauties. Trust everyone is doing well and getting into the Easter spirit. I have always been an eyeshadow girl but of recent I have been getting more and more into lip products especially lip glosses. Everyone loves a matte lip I agree but every time I put on some lip gloss I always remember how seductively sultry it makes the lips (when worn the right way of course, I will do a post on this later)


So here I was casually window shopping on JUMIA (an online supermarket in Nigeria) when I came across these lip-glosses. The colours looked decent but I wasn't expecting anything fantastic for the price but I was surprisingly blown away. Then I went ahead to purchase some more colours.
Eventually after some research, I discovered they were different. Some had a velvet, liquid lipstick finish and the other was more of a nicely pigmented gloss.
  
SALVATION VELVET LIP LACQUER
According to the makeup revolution website,"these are the perfect velvet texture for your favorite Revolution lipstick shades and dupes".
From left to right: "Vamp", "Rebel" and "I fall in love"
 Vamp.
I would describe this as a dark eggplant purple.
 Rebel
This is a dark reddish purple 

I fall in Love
I would describe this colour as a bright lilac pink
The texture of these lacquers are mousy and they dry to a matte velvet finish. It lasted for a decent 3 - 4 hours and "I fall in love" got slightly flaky. But overall I do like them and would be repurchasing.
SALVATION INTENSE LIP LACQUER
According to the makeup revolution website "This is the intensive colour salvation for your lips. A high shine colour to give the lips a full, bold and glossy look available in a wide range of shades. Non sticky formula with a smooth texture for long lasting vivid colour".
 From left to right: "Didnt I tell you","Barely there"and "More than I could Give"
 "Didn't I tell you"
I would honestly describe this colour as a midtone pink

 "Barely there"
A beautiful nude with a brown undertone 

"More than I could Give"
Also a nude with a beige undertone
These glosses are beautiful when worn alone or over lipstick and they are not sticky at all. They are not super pigmented but leave a nice tint of colour and definitely intensify identical lipstick shades. 

As I said earlier I found these on www.jumia.com.ng and they retail for 1,500 naira or so.
You can also check out www.makeuprevolutionstore.com as I believe they ship worldwide

Let me know if you have tried them out and share with your friends.
I also have started my YouTube channel click here: My YouTube channel 
Also connect with me on Instagram for all my beauty work and updates click here My Instagram 
Have a beautiful Easter and lots of love xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment