Monday 13 April 2015

PRODUCT REVIEW : Clinique Soft Matte Lipstick.

Hi Parfait beauties. Okay let me jump right into it. The first time I saw this lipstick my exact thought was "Does Ruby Woo have a Rival?" Everybody I know has a Mac ruby woo lipstick, its so popular that some people actually think ruby woo is a brand lol.
I for one love ruby woo because its such a gorgeous rich red matte lipstick that speak volumes but I am not a fan of the way it sucks the very life out of my lips and how it cracks or should I say falls apart after a few hours of wear.





 
 
 
 


I recently fell in love with the Clinique long last soft matte lipstick in matte crimson. Its such a beautiful shade of red. It applies like a dream and its not drying at all even though its a matte lipstick.

I compared it to the Mac lipstick in ruby woo below and as you can see the colors are very similar.

 
 

In terms of lasting power, it stayed on and didn't crack or dry out my lips. I did however re-apply after lunch (everybody re-applies lipstick after lunch) I didn't have to take off the lipstick before reapplying which in the case with ruby woo (side eye) I would wipe everything off and apply again.

Overall, I tend to reach for this more than my other red lipsticks and would gladly re-purchase when I run out. If you are looking for a great alternative to ruby woo, you could try the Clinique matte crimson.

Purchased this from the Clinique Counter at Montaigne Place located at the Palms Shopping Mall Lekki, Lagos.
Retails for N5,530.

Have a Parfait week and God bless you. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment